Step 4. Sales/projects
On this page you can read about:
In Lime, we can easily keep track of what you are working on right now through the sales/project tab. A sales/project is represented by a card in Lime. A sales/project is linked to a company and the same company can have several sales. You get our pipe simply by looking at the sales/project tab in Lime, which gives a summary of what sales/projects are in your pipe, how far you have come and how much money is in the pipe.
Below is an example of what a sales/project card might look like. The example can be used as support in the discussions below if desired!
1 .What general information do we need?
Overall information about the sales/project that helps you keep track of what kind of business it is and who owns it. These are fields that:
- Sales/project name (name of this particular sales/project)
- Company (customer)
- Contact person (the company contact person for this particular sales)
- Business manager (your responsible salesperson)
2. What different steps does a sales/project go through? What does the sales process look like?
This links back to the processes discussed during the business start-up meeting. By putting different statuses on the sales/projects, it is possible to follow where you are right now and how much value you have in each status. Examples of steps / statuses:
- Customer support
- Needs analysis
- Should the sale/project be divided into different areas / categories?
- What numbers and dates are we interested in?
This is about getting a good view of the current situation but also to facilitate follow-up. Examples of different fields:
- Sales/project value
- Weighted value (= probability * sales/project value)
- Date when the quote was sent
- Date (month) for expected closing date
- Date of agreement / rejection
3. Is it interesting to follow up why we got / did not get a deal?
In that case, do we want to do this with free text fields or different fixed alternatives (eg being able to choose that we won / lost due to price, schedule, offer)? A fixed list of alternatives makes it possible to extract reports on why we win / lose, while a free text field allows for a deeper analysis.
4. Review the answers from the questions above
Do you now have the information you need when looking at your pipeline?
A list of the fields you need on the business card